Goan Curry Noodle Soup
This exquisite golden curry noodle soup was inspired by my trip to a local Thai restaurant. I love their coconut curry noodle dishes but wanted to see if I can create something similar using my timesaving Goan sauce. The result is a tasty curry with protein-rich tofu at the heart of the dish. Delicious and nutritious and all vegan.
- 8oz. or approximately 3 cups cooked noodles of choice
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1/2 block of extra-firm tofu, cubed
- 1 small size onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 5 tbsp. of Tikka N’ Curry Goan sauce
- 1 cup water or vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp. coconut cream (optional)
- Take 1/2 block of extra firm tofu and cut it into cubes. Use a paper towel or tofu pressure to remove excess water.
- Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Pan fry tofu until browned. Flip and pan-fry another side for additional 4-5 minutes or Tofu is browned. Transfer to another plate.
- Add all vegetables into the same pan. Sauté for a few minutes.
- Add Tikka N’ Curry Goan sauce, water or vegetable stock, coconut cream, cover with a lid and cook for 15 minutes.
- While the curry is simmering, cook noodles according to instructions on the label.
- Once noodles are cooked, transfer noodles to a soup bowl. Top it with curry and tofu.