The rich, buttery taste of this creamy pasta dish reminds me of my childhood. I remember on Sunday nights my mom would make a huge pot of this, calling me and my school friends in from playing on the front lawn and we’d rush quickly to devour a bowl of the cheesy, coconutty goodness. It became our weekly ritual all the way through junior school and became our Sunday study dish during high school. Now I continue the tradition with my children and their friends. They’re the kind of Sundays that I hope never end.
- 1 tbsp. butter or oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp. heavy cream or coconut cream
- 1/2 cup cheese
- 3 tbsp. Tikka N’ Curry Butter Masala sauce
- 2 cups cooked pasta
- Basil leaves for garnishing
- Red chili flakes (optional)
- Cook pasta in boiled water according to the label. Strain and set aside 2 cups of pasta and 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Add 1 tbsp. butter to a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add 1 small, chopped onion cook for a few minutes, stirring, until the onion is tender but not browned.
- Add 3 tbsp. heavy cream or coconut cream. Reduce heat to low.
- Add 1/2 cup cheese. Let cheese melt. Stir frequently to ensure no lumps are formed.
- Now add the Tikka N’ Curry Butter Masala sauce and whisk for 3 minutes, or until the sauce and cheese come together.
- Now add the pasta to the sauce. Then add 1/2 cup pasta water, constantly stirring, until the sauce is smooth and creamy!
- Top it off with basil leaves or red chili flakes.
- Serve hot.