Tikka Masala Tacos
I love fusion food, so when I came across the opportunity to marry the spiciness of Indian dishes with my kid’s favorite, Mexican, I was all for it. This tasty dish uses marinated paneer cubes and veggies at the heart of its recipe. Feel free to replace the paneer cheese with shredded chicken or beef and cook as instructed below.
- 6 tbsp oil
- 1 small, sweet onion, diced
- 6-7 Mushrooms (Approximately 8oz), sliced
- 1 cup (Approximately 100 gram) paneer, cubed
- 5 tbsp Tikka N’ Curry Tikka Masala sauce
- 1 pack taco shells
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup cucumber, deseeded, and diced or grated
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Add 2 tbsp oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. When the oil is heated, add the chopped onions and sauté for 3-5 minutes, or until they begin to brown. Place aside.
- Cook sliced mushrooms in the same pan with 2 tbsp oil for 5-7 minutes, or until browned. Once completed, combine with cooked onions, and put aside.
- Sauté cubed paneer with 2 tbsp oil per side or until browned. Put aside.
- Add 5 tbsp of Tikka N’ Curry Tikka Masala sauce to the saucepan. Add all the saluted ingredients to the pan. Cook for 5 - 10 minutes. Add more sauce if needed.
- While the filling is simmering, make Cucumber-Yogurt Raita dip by combining cucumber and Greek yogurt in a mixing bowl. Add salt and black pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Once you are ready to eat – set tacos on a platter and fill with paneer and veggie mixture. You can also add fresh spinach or baby greens. Top with Cucumber-Yogurt Raita dip or any other yogurt-based sauce such as tzatziki.