Spicy Tofu Masala
Who doesn’t love tofu sauteed in a spicy masala sauce? This vegetarian dish is one of my go-to meals when I want to impress older family members. It tastes like it's been cooking for hours, even though really it’s a great cheat meal that takes less than 15 minutes from start to finish! A great accompaniment to our Perfectly Plain Rice, with enough leftover sauce as a dip for garlic naan.
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 cup tofu, cubed
- 1/2 jar of Tikka N’ Curry Vindaloo sauce
- 3 tbsp. heavy cream or coconut cream (optional)
- Chopped cilantro for garnishing
- Heat the 2 tbsp. oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Pan fry tofu until browned, about 3 minutes on each side, over medium-high heat.
- Add 1/2 jar of Tikka N’ Curry Vindaloo sauce. Add heavy cream or coconut cream for a creamier taste (optional).
- Continue cooking, uncovered, for additional 4-5 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve hot with basmati rice or naan.